Gossip Girl is just getting better and better — partly due to Georgina, who I'm starting to believe is driven by mental instability and pure evil rather than actual motive. We know, from last week's ep, that whatever secret Serena is carrying will bring G down too. So why would Georgina mess with her own future? And why push Serena that far? She must expect that Serena's too wet to call her bluff. But it wasn't just that mystery that fueled the episode — there were secrets being exposed all over the place. Here are the rest of my thoughts:
- The struggle to become top dog between Blair and Jenny took over the Gossip Girl blog – it was crazy. Rumours were flying every which way; then it involved Asher; and then even Dan was sending in tips!
- Ooh, don't forget to take Fab UK's Fashion Quiz!!
- Blair was on fire last night! I loved seeing the many sides of her in one episode – wicked, ruthless, and protective of her friends. I'm so glad she finally went in for the kill. Jenny took a long, hard fall, but it was about time she got back to her roots. I've always been fighting in B's corner vs J.
To see what I had to say about Eric's big moment and that icky boyfriend of Jenny's, read more.
- Asher was just so horrid and awful. Jenny's desperation to fit in at any cost annoys me, but when Asher broke the news that she was just his beard — "Do you think someone like me dates someone like you?" — I could have died for her. Ugh! But instead of slapping him across the face and walking out, she compromised her soul even more.
- That little chorus of rich girls had some of the best lines of the night, including "Now you know how Vanessa Hudgens feels" and "Dating a gay guy is an honest mistake, but lying to your girlfriends about sex is unforgivable."
- Our friendly(?!) narrator got in a few fab lines herself, including, "Don't worry Little J. The sun will come out tomorrow, even though your boyfriend did today..." Awesome.
- MURDER! I knew it. Seriously, it felt like my heart stopped beating when Serena said that. I was SO shocked. And how heartbreaking was that final scene with B and S? Blair is, at the end of the day, a really good friend. Can't wait to see what happens next...
- So yes, Serena's been acting strange, but lets think about Dan for a second? He meets a new girl, tells her all his relationship problems, and forces her on to Serena? Secret identity of said friend aside, I think S would have every right to be mad. Come on, Dan!
- Lily and Rufus, back to flirting, trading parenting horror stories, and leaning on each other for support. Aw. Maybe Bart might want to come home.
- After Eric was outed (thanks a lot, G), Serena seemed hurt that Eric would turn to Chuck to chat about his feelings. Eric explained that at least Chuck's not judgmental. Does Chuck as a shoulder to cry on make anyone else giggle?
- The surrender of Jenny to Blair was a great scene. Blair was actually restrained in her victory — sort of. She admitted that Jenny put up a good fight but followed that with classic Blair, "I hope you don't expect a hug."
So what did you think? And how awesome would it be to see Blair vs. Georgina? Ooh and I hope they recruit Chuck too. Let me know your thoughts!