After last week's shocking revelation that Serena killed someone, I had a feeling last night's Gossip Girl was going to be a little heavy. My favourite thing about last night was Nate, Chuck, Blair, and Serena coming together to try and sort everything out. I was also pretty happy about getting a break from Jenny following her social rise and fall. Hopefully she'll return refreshed and with a little perspective. Check out my thoughts below, and don't forget to take Fab UK's fashion quiz too!
- Last week I suggested Georgina was mostly driven by craziness, and the opening scene proved me right. The montage of her obsessively calling Serena freaked me out.
- Apparently right after Serena told Blair she killed someone, Blair excused herself to grab some Valium to help calm her friend (naturally), and when she returned Serena had left to party again. It's a pattern that's starting to annoy me: Serena lets out a huge secret, then goes on a crazy bender that involves no less than three blokes at a bar.
To see more musings, just read more.
- I think Dan still has every right to be upset and hurt by Serena. She keeps talking about goodness and pedestals as justifications for lying, and that can't be healthy. I am finding it really hard to see where she's coming from.
- I just cannot believe she told him she slept with someone . . . to protect him? I was so annoyed at Serena for adding another secret to that tangled web she's weaving. Such a bad decision.
- Blair summoned Chuck and Nate over to her place to help clean up Serena's hangover with a shower and a lot of bagels. The whole scene made me laugh, especially when perverted Chuck sneaked a peak of Blair undressing Serena. Oh Chuck.
- Meanwhile... Rufus performed at a VH1 "Forgotten Bands Of The '90s" event hosted by Lisa Loeb - blast from the past! I think the show's writers understand they have folks a teensy bit older than the millennials watching...
- So what did you think of Rufus' singing voice? I think his dress sense and scruffy hair say "former rock star" more than his performance.
- Serena finally told her friends her big secret, right at the same time Lily watched the video herself. Turns out Serena just witnessed a guy OD on cocaine. It wasn't her drugs; she called 911, then left the scene. I felt like her friends' facial expressions practically said, "That's not murder, you idiot!"
- Second favourite line of the ep was Blair urging Serena to spill the beans because "We're the non-judging Breakfast Club." I also loved how they confessed their own messed up secrets to make Serena feel better. Which led to my favourite all-time Chuck moment as all he had to say was – "I'm Chuck Bass."
In the end, Lily and Serena had a touching mother-daughter moment (thanks to Blair) and Serena's conscience was cleared. Great! Still, that murder thing was all over really quickly. I thought it would be more drawn out. But then, Dan still thinks that Serena had sex with someone else. He bought Georgina's crazy story about lying about her name, and it looks likely he'll get with her. Oh, and Lily and Rufus kissed!
So what did you think? I'm so sad next week is the finale!