This episode of Skins focused on Freddie, with plenty of insight into Effy's state of mind too. We even got a couple of cameos from Bez and Will Young in this week's show, the latter attempting to deliver some life lessons to his students via the lyrics of Michael Jackson. It was a dark episode with some great acting, and I can't wait to hear your thoughts on this one.
To read my recap and to leave your own thoughts on this episode, just read more.
- Freddie and Effy seem to be living in a blissed out state with each other in her house, her mum's away.
- Freddie's been missing college so has to go in for a meeting with Mr Love — played by Will Young, who tells Freddie to do his coursework and oddly uses the lyrics of Michael Jackson to teach him.
- Effy's talking about the end... her end. Freddie asks her to "drop the dark shit" and starts searching for what's wrong with her. He comes up with psychotic depression.
- His mum killed herself after fighting mental illness, and Freddie visits his grandad to talk. Fred blames his dad for not saving his mum.
- Another cameo, this time from Bez as he knocks Freddie off his bike, and then takes him on a rickshaw to Effy's house, where there's a party going on.
- She's written "goodbye" on the wall, made a collage on the wall and is lying on the floor. Freddie's trying to help her. Breaks up the party for her.
- Cook has escaped and appears in Effy's kitchen. She tells him to get out. Freddie tells Effy things have to change, looks after her and bathes her.
- Effy's mum arrives home while the house is empty. She sees the mess and the collage and she breaks down into tears.
- While out, Effy's sober but sees faces in the clouds and evil visions, Freddie runs and fights off air, hoping in her mind she can see him fighting off her visions. On the way home they cycle into a carnival where Cook and Katie are Effy freaks out and he loses her.
- When she's back with him he takes Effy to see his grandad. Freddie won't believe that his dad tried to save his mum. His grandad tells him that he did, and that he can see Freddie's doing the same with Effy.
- While they're there Katie loses track of Effy, who locks herself in the bathroom and slits her wrists.
- She's taken to hospital. Freddie sits with Effy's mum, she says Effy's going to need both of them. He shakes his head, and says Effy will need her. He's scared and he runs away, pulls down the collage and burns it.
- Just as Freddie seems to have given up, Cook stops him from burning anything else and stays to look after him. Cook tells him, "You have to go further than me, for her... for you... for me."
- It was a dark episode with some great acting from Luke Pasqualino and Jack O'Connell.
Wow. What an episode. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on this one —did you love or hate this episode?