So this third episode of Brothers & Sisters was a bit too heavy on the lows for my liking, but there were a couple of highs too and the acting was first class as always. Justin's refusal to take pain medication dominated the episode, but there were interesting developments for Tommy and Kevin, and I like Kitty more each week.
I was very excited to see Scotty reappear in last night's episode, but the appearance of Julia's parents Beth and Ben was only going to spell trouble. Funnily enough though, my favourite line of the episode was in response to their arrival, when Saul said to Tommy "I don't hate golf. I loathe it. I despise it. I would rather spend all eternity at a dinner party seated next to Britney Spears". Heh.
To read more of my thoughts and leave your own comments just read more
- I liked the opening, with Kevin running a bubble bath for Justin, lighting candles and playing meditation music then changing it to Wham! I'd love a bath like that!
- A lot of the episode was taken up with Nora talking about Justin's refusal to take his medication, which became a little wearing after a while, but it made the moment when Justin asked for the drugs all the more significant. I think we're in for a rocky road as this storyline continues.
- How annoying is Julia's Dad Ben, with his continual undermining of Tommy? It was heartbreaking to watch Julia tell Tommy she blamed him for baby William's death, especially after he brought her that orchid plant to remind her of their honeymoon. And I'm still convinced Lena's going to be trouble, with her coffee-fetching and calls to Tommy. Hands off!
- It was fun to watch Kevin wittily win the DUI case for Scotty. I'd love to have a meal in the kitchen of one of those fancy restaurants like they did, and we got another celeb reference when Scotty said he had to serve David Beckham. It would have been fabulous if David had actually made a cameo appearance!
- It was a pretty safe bet that Scotty was going to try to kiss Kevin. I'm not sure who I'd rather see Kevin date: Scotty or Jason. What about you? I'm certain this isn't the last we've seen of Scotty this season.
- I wasn't so interested in the whole Courtney McCallister storyline, but I loved it when Kitty managed to bluff and make Robert's ex pull out of the damaging interview she was about to give. It was so funny when Robert was still worrying about it and Kitty was busy bidding on a Ronald Reagan bobble head! We didn't see a whole lot of the couple in this episode, and there was hardly any Sarah — the male Walkers took centre stage instead.
- It was so sad when Julia decided to take Lizzie with her and go to Arizona with her parents. I'm really not optimistic about Julia and Tommy's future relationship. Even though he said to her "You are the love of my life", Tommy told Saul he wasn't sure he could deal with Julia grieving in her own way. I wonder when she'll be back.
- The episode ended with Tommy and Kevin eating sundaes in the kitchen, bickering about who played Tiny Tim in childhood performances of A Christmas Carol, while Nora looked on with a worried expressed as Justin seemed to struggle under the influence of his medication. I really hope next week's episode gives us a few more laughs.
So there are my opinions on this week's episode, but I'd love to hear your views. Share your thoughts with us, whether you've just watched it or you're reliving it all over again.