I can't believe we're already on to episode six of Brothers & Sisters! We've had episodes full of serious scenes and episodes full of laughs, and last night's installment was definitely one of the former with some tragic news rocking the Walkers.
The episode revolved around preparations for Kitty and (your favourite non-sibling) Robert's wedding, which they referred to as Operation Puppy. My favourite line came right near the beginning, when Robert said to Kitty must we call it that? and Kitty said: "Operation Shotgun Wedding Because The Condom Broke just doesn't have the same ring". Heh. I am so surprised at how much I'm liking Kitty this series.
To read more of my thoughts and leave your own comments just read more
- The opening scene made me say "uh-oh" out loud, as we saw Tommy and Lena kissing in her bedroom. She wants him to stay over but he has to leave. This is so not going to end well. Wake up Tommy!
- We didn't get many Kevin-Scotty scenes last night (sad face), but I get the feeling we'll be seeing a lot more of them as Scotty has moved in with Kevin! When he found out Scotty had changed his number and moved out of his rented room, Kevin hunted him down at work and discovered Scotty had financial troubles and was essentially homeless. Keep telling yourself you're in love with Jason, Kevin — we all know where this is heading with Scotty!
- I enjoyed seeing Danny Glover as Isaac, who Kitty called to advise them on how to deal with the pregnancy and campaign. It's Isaac who recommends they get married that weekend, and who places the arrangements in Nora's hand — bliss for Nora, who tries to get Tommy and Saul involved in heavy lifting!
- We see that things aren't right with Paige when she doesn't want Sarah to read to her over the phone at the beginning of the episode, and things get worse as Sarah is called by the principal because Paige set off the fire alarm. They arrive with Cooper at Nora's to help with wedding preparations, and Kitty shares a sweet moment with her niece, asking her to be flower girl at the ceremony.
- We've hardly seen any Holly this series but she made a brief appearance last night, telling Rebecca to make some time for her own life and get away from always being Justin's nursemaid and Nora's assistant. So Rebecca gives Lena a call and arranges a night out, which Justin invites himself to. It's pretty easy to guess what occurs in the bar later that night ...
- I wasn't surprised when Lena and Justin started flirting with each other, but I was pretty shocked to see Justin taking his pain meds in front of Lena, and her taking the pills too. I'm definitely liking her less and less. Rebecca catches them kissing but Lena pulls away because of the "other man" she is seeing. She even has the cheek to tell Justin it's because he's Rebecca's brother. Ha! Rebecca leaves the bar, realising that Justin is on extra medication, and he later finds her packing to leave Nora's as she can't bear to see him like that.
- We find out why Robert is so annoyed that Kitty has got Isaac involved in damage limitation for the campaign — Isaac was responsible for Jason being outed during one of Robert's political campaigns in the past. Robert is travelling and can't go with Kitty to the sonogram, so she takes Nora instead. I'm really enjoying watching Nora and Kitty's relationship get better and better this season.
- The sonogram brings some really sad news — Kitty has suffered a miscarriage. For once, Nora doesn't over-fuss and lets Kitty deal with it in her own way. Robert is great and goes to the clinic with Kitty, even though it could cause trouble for the campaign if they're seen. When Isaac talks to Robert the next day we learn the shocking news that Robert never wanted the baby.
- The family are each told the tragic news and Kevin calls Jason, but can only leave a voicemail. Sweet Scotty asks Kevin if he can help, and then brings a selection of DVDs back later to cheer him up as Kevin still hasn't heard back from Jason. Love. Him.
- Whilst all this is happening, Paige runs away from Sarah's house. Luckily she turns up at Nora's and stays overnight there, telling Justin the next day that she wished she could be in "two places" at once. The positive outcome of all this is that Joe changes the custody arrangement so that it is 50/50. Thank goodness for that.
- The episode ends with Kitty in bed at Nora's house, crying and asking Nora to stay with her. It's a really touching mother-daughter moment and so sad — Calista Flockhart and Sally Field are really great in these roles.
So there are my opinions on this week's episode, but I'd love to hear your views. Share your thoughts with us, whether you've just watched it or you're reliving it all over again.