Update: Madonna's rep, Liz Rosenberg, confirms that Madonna and Guy Ritchie will divorce after seven and a half years of marriage. The couple requests that the public respect their privacy. They have not agreed on a settlement.
- The Sun is claiming a world exclusive that Madonna and Guy Ritchie are to divorce. A statement confirming their marriage is over has reportedly been prepared and is set to be released imminently, because they "can’t bear to live with the pretence any longer". A spokeswoman for Madonna declined to comment last night. — The Sun
- Mel C. has reportedly asked Victoria Beckham to plan her wedding, and Victoria has thrown herself in to the role, already making inquiries at St Peters Church in Liverpool and asking Roberto Cavalli to design the dress. — Daily Star
- First-time author Aravind Adiga won the Man Booker Prize last night with his novel The White Tiger, which was praised by the judges for presenting the "dark side of India" and likened to Shakespeare's Macbeth "with a delicious twist". — The Independent
- Coldplay has received four nominations for the 2008 American Music Awards, while Alicia Keys leads the pack with five nods. The AMAs will take place in LA on 23 November with Jimmy Kimmel as host. — MTV
- Following reports that Jeff Stelling would be offered the role of hosting Countdown, it is now reported that Alexander Armstrong is also in the running for the job. — The Telegraph
- The House Bunny has gone straight in at number one on the UK and Ireland box office chart. Mirrors took second place, pushing last week's number one, How To Lose Friends and Alienate People, to number three. — BBC