Image Source: Getty / David M. Benett
If you've been paying attention to the lead up to the royal wedding, then you might have heard the name Millie Mackintosh buzzing around recently. It's possible she'll be in the royal wedding party as a bridesmaid for Meghan Markle, or perhaps even maid of honour — although we suspect that the gig will go to Meghan's friend and stylist Jessica Mulroney.
Millie has recently been seen hat shopping (and we already know the royal wedding dress code insists on hats), and seeing how she and Meghan share a friendship bracelet, we wouldn't be surprised to see her on May 19. A couple of years ago, they even went on a holiday to Soho Farmhouse, which, if you remember, is where Meghan ended up having her bridal shower.
But who exactly is Millie Mackintosh? Here's everything you need to know.
- She's 28. Millie was born on July 26, 1989.
- She's an heiress. Millie's great-uncle Douglas Mackintosh and great-grandfather Harold made fortune when they invented Quality Street, a type of chocolate. She went to boarding school in Dorset, Southeast England.
- Millie's a reality TV star. The 28-year-old appeared on British TV screens back in 2011 on the reality TV show Made in Chelsea (a British version of The Hills, sort of). The show followed her and best friend Caggie Dunlop around, pretending to be interested in their careers but mainly focusing on their romances. Millie and Hugo Taylor were the romantic hit of the season, until he cheated on her with her friend Rosie and she threw a drink in his face. Hopefully her appearance at the royal wedding will be far less dramatic.
- She has more than one royal connection. On top of being friends with Meghan, Millie also starred on Made in Chelsea alongside Spencer Matthews, who's Pippa Middleton's husband's brother. Still following?
- She's made the most of her time on TV. The makeup artist turned TV star left the show after five seasons. By that point, Millie was a fan-favourite, and she used her popularity to carve herself a new career. Her Instagram following grew very quickly, and she soon became a beauty, fashion, and fitness influencer. She launched her own clothing line (which she unfortunately had to close earlier this year), a jewellery line, and a makeup line.
- Millie is a divorcée. Millie married rapper Professor Green in 2013, but the pair divorced in 2016, citing "unreasonable behavior." They were pretty tight-lipped about the details of the divorce, but just a week after their split was officially announced, Millie shared a snap of her kissing ex-boyfriend Hugo Taylor on Instagram.
- She's engaged. Two years after getting back together, Millie and Hugo are heading down the aisle! The pair got engaged in Mykonos during a trip for Millie's 28th birthday. However, she's reportedly been so busy helping to plan the royal wedding that her own nuptials might be on the back burner, at least for a little while.
Image Source: Channel 4