Why We Thought She Was "A":
- Paige hates Ali. It becomes pretty obvious once Ali is back in Rosewood. Paige is one of the main people helping to assemble an army against her. This would add plenty of context to Ali's original disappearance.
- Paige has been absent recently, giving her plenty of time to wreak havoc.
- Paige is an athlete. So much of Ali's defence during her trial for Mona's murder is focused on how much strength the assailant showed in the video. Paige is certainly capable of tossing Mona around like a rag doll, and even killing her.
- Paige has a violent past. Remember when she almost drowned Emily?
- What if Mrs. Grunwald's comments on Halloween were referring to Paige, and not Aria or Ezra? It would certainly make sense, and it would obviously implicate Paige in a very bad way.
- Remember when Toby is revealed as a member of the "A" team? Well, turns out Paige and Caleb filmed the same scene, which means both of them were almost on the "A" team. It's not as farfetched as you think.
Why We Figured She Wasn't "A":
- Regardless of what's happened in the past, we're pretty sure Paige loves Emily and wants to protect her. So why would she go to such great lengths to hurt her?
- The fact that Paige moves away could mean she's hiding out, or it could mean she's actually gone.