Over a year after the shooting incident occurred between Tory Lanez and Megan Thee Stallion, LA judge Keith Borjon has ordered that the assault and weapons possession charges against the Canadian rapper be upheld. This news comes after Tory allegedly shot Megan in the foot after a dispute between the two ensued on 12 July, 2020. The two rappers were reportedly riding in an SUV together in the Hollywood Hills just before the incident took place.
According to the Los Angeles Times, Los Angeles Police detective Ryan Stogner testified in court on Dec. 13 that Tory yelled "Dance, b*tch!" as he allegedly opened fire on Megan, per an earlier interview he conducted with her. He also claimed that Tory made a phone call from jail to a friend of Megan's, in which he apologised for what happened. Both Tory and his attorney, Shawn Holley, denied that the shooting was ever mentioned during the call. During the detective's testimony, Tory reportedly shouted in court, "How about you tell me what I was apologising for, bro? That don't make no sense," before being hushed by his lawyer and the judge.
Following the incident last summer, Megan initially told police that she sustained her injuries by stepping on broken glass after attending a party at Kylie Jenner's home. Police previously arrested Tory for possessing an illegal firearm before charges were pressed for the shooting. Megan posted an Instagram Live video on August 20, 2020, where she accused Tory of shooting her and claimed that she held that information back from police in fear of causing legal trouble for her friend at the time.
"You shot me, and you got your publicist and your people going to these blogs lying and sh*t. Stop lying," she said in the now-deleted video. "Why lie? I don't understand. I tried to keep the situation off the internet, but you're dragging it." In the video, she also noted that 2020's nationwide protests over police violence discouraged her from calling the police because she feared what may have happened if they responded to a vehicle filled with Black men and women and a loaded firearm.
Tory is scheduled to return back to court on 13 Jan. in regards to his charges. We will continue to follow this story as it develops.