Mark my words: Schitt's Creek's Moira Rose will go down in history as one of the most iconic television show characters of our time. Catherine O'Hara took the role and ran with it, giving the Rose family matriarch that distinctly hard-to-place accent, over-the-top theatrical tendencies, and a titillating vocabulary worthy of its own separate dictionary. To properly honour the former soap opera star's hilarious legacy, Netflix compiled Moira's best moments from all six seasons of Schitt's Creek into a thoroughly entertaining montage that could make the most disgruntled pelican crack a smile. We don't want to spoil things too much, but below is a quick preview of the scenes that made the cut:
- Moira and David's hilarious "fold in the cheese" exchange, obviously
- When Moira pretends to have a British accent at the car dealership with Johnny
- Her botched Herb Ertlinger fruit wine commercial
- When she pulls out her dramatic rendition of "Danny Boy" at Carl's funeral
- That crazed, smile-less laugh she lets out when Johnny tells her to plant her own peonies
- Moira and David performing their Christmas number at Jocelyn's Asbestos Fest fundraiser
Besides the fact that this video is a glorious way to spend 12 minutes of your day, it also serves as concrete proof that O'Hara was more than deserving of winning that Emmy this year. Don't be a "fussy little f*cker" — watch it in full above.