The 2009 British Fashion Awards are taking place this evening at the Royal Courts of Justice in London. The event hosted by the British Fashion Council celebrates some of the biggest names in the industry. There is extra excitement this year as London marks 25 years as a fashion capital.
Earlier today, the BFC released a list of the 25 most powerful people in British fashion and there is an extra award this evening as the public votes for the Grazia Style Icon. Check out the list of nominees here, and stay tuned for a list of winners.
UPDATE: The awards have now begun with Holly Fulton scooping the first accolade of the evening which is the Swarovski Emerging Talent Award for Accessories.
For a list of winners as they break, just follow me on Twitter or read more.
- Swarovski Emerging Talent Award for Accessories - Holly Fulton
- Swarovski Emerging Talent Award for Ready-to-Wear - Peter Pilotto
- Designer Brand - Christopher Bailey for Burberry
- Model of the year - Georgia May Jagger
- Accessory Designer - Katie Hillier
- Menswear Designer - Kim Jones
- BFC Outstanding Achievement in Fashion Design - John Galliano
- Grazia and BFC London 25 - Kate Moss
- Isabella Blow Award for Fashion Creator - Grace Coddington
- BFC British Collection of the Year - Christopher Kane
- BFC Designer of the Year - Christopher Bailey for Burberry