Alexander Wang Blessed the Street Style Set With His Autumn '16 Collection
If you didn't know that Alexander Wang has been credited with helping to ignite modern street style, he drove the point home at his Autumn/Winter '16 show. Set in Saint Bartholomew's Church in New York, the designer did little to alter the space, leaving guests to worship at the altar of his street-ready fare: vests, sweatshirts, and even tights emblazoned with choice phrases like "faded" and "strict" or covered in pot leaves. You can already imagine the legions of cool girls pulling the It pieces on next Autumn — or celebs like Rihanna sporting hers ASAP. It's a look that's become synonymous with his brand, and while we suspect his crowd will readily buy up the grunge-flavoured looks, the effect is a lot less shocking than it used to be.
- Trends: Grunge, heavy hardware, shearling, and leather
- Colours: Black and white, with touches of metallic, pink, and tweed.
- Key Look: The pot-leaf-printed coat.
- Shoes: Lace-up combat boots and studded ankle boots.
- Who Would Wear It: Quirky cool girls and the street style obsessed.