Last night at the New York premiere of Love and Other Drugs, Anne Hathaway's dark eye makeup and sheer, neutral-pink lips had a chic French-girl vibe. Chanel makeup artist Kate Lee created the simple yet stunning palette for Anne to complement the actress's off-white gown. "When I saw the dress I knew that the makeup needed to be beautiful and approachable," Lee said. So to find out how to get Anne's perfectly Parisienne makeup look, just keep reading.
- Lee drew a very fine line next to Anne's lash line, using black liquid liner and liquid liner brush. Use sharp, little upward points to make the line, being careful not to wing it out past the end of the natural lashes.
- Next, Lee applied a black matte shadow to the outer corners of Anne's eyes to soften.
- Lee then mixed together the silver and pale gold cream shadows from Nars's Thebes palette (£23) and applied them to Anne's lids.
- Chanel's Éclat Lumière Highlighter Pen in Beige Rose (£35.26) was then applied to the brow bone, inner corners, and outer lower corners to sharpen and lift.
- Lee finished by applying black mascara to the base of Anne's lashes, along with some feathery strip lashes customized for the actress's eye shape.
Cheeks and Lips:
- To bring it all together, Lee swept on Laura Mercier's Cream Cheek Color in Praline (£18) and Chanel Ultra Wear Lip Color in Cristal Rose. It's not available until January, but for a similar option, try the Rose Quartz or Rose Agate shades, or Revlon's Sheer Overtime Lip Color in Sheer Rosette (£2.50).