Bottega Veneta Spring 2012
Bottega Veneta's Tomas Maier debuted a Spring 2012 collection that focused heavily on color and texture — and we're not complaining. Goddess gowns of billowy chiffon appeared in jeweled hues of purple, ruby, and rust, and cocktail dresses had geometric embellishment that gave them a slightly tribal feel. There were draping and pleating done in ways to give the clothes volume without sacrificing the most important element of warm-weather dressing: breeziness. Finally, this is Bottega, so we expect a fine showing of accessories. For next season, expect a continuation of exotic skins like lizard, ostrich, and crocodile, but with treatments and embellishments to take them to the next standard of luxury.
- Trends: pleats, tribal, fringe, rich color.
- Colors: Emerald, purple, orange, ruby.
- Key Look: An emerald green pleated dress; the red embellished dress, the chiffon goddess gowns.
- Accessories: Exotic skin bags in ostrich, crocodile, and lizard.
- Who Would Wear It: Girls who crave luxury, polish, with a touch of modern eclectic — this could be anyone from Kate Bosworth to Julianne Moore.
Source: Bottega Veneta Spring 2012