Elie Saab Just Gave the Naked Dress a Much-Needed Makeover
If you were growing a bit tired of seeing the "naked dress" dominate red carpets and big events, get ready to see sheer in a whole new light. Elie Saab's Autumn/Winter '16 collection included its fair share of mesh inserts and revealing pieces, but rather than go the provocative route, the fashion house found the key to tastefully showing off a good amount of skin.
The truth is it's all about the details, and with the strategic placement of ruffles, fringe, and leather, the naked look got a much-needed makeover. But that's not all that caught our eye on the Elie Saab runway: there were many neck accessories, models rocked a variety of different cape styles (a trend we're still excited to see!), and singer MO preformed live in the background wearing pieces from the collection.
Get ready to see a handful of these looks on your favorite stars, but first, check out what you need to know about the show.
- Trends: Sheer styles and mesh inserts, fringe, capes, ruffles, neck accessories, and plunging necklines.
- Colours: Black, wine, baby blue, and purple.
- Shoes: Platform heels, lace-up flats, fringe-embellished booties, and over-the-knee boots.
- Other Accessories: Cuff bracelets, chokers, belts, skinny scarves, pendant necklaces, and tasseled earrings and necklaces.
- Bags: Fringed and tassel-embellished crossbody bags, bucket bags, and clutches.
- Details You Might Have Missed: The assortment of capes, from dresses to jackets.
- Soundtrack: Singer MO, most famous for her song, "Lean On," performed live on stage.
- Must-See Moment: Kendall Jenner closing the show in a belted brocade leather dress.