Elie Saab's Fall 2012 Couture collection, shown in Paris' Pavillon Cambon Capucines today, was full of the elegant femininity one would expect from the red carpet gown master. Inspired by the "imperial splendour" and Ottoman motifs of Constantinople, the shimmering dresses included the pastel shades of his Spring Couture collection but also featured black, gold and teal for the cooler months. The antique, vintage look came courtesy of sheer fabrics, lace panelling and intricate embroidery, with many gowns cinched in with thin belts and silhouettes ranging from full skirts to peplum waists. Plunging necklines and high split skirts were few and far between, instead there were high necks and long-sleeves modelled by the likes of Karlie Kloss. The show-stopper? A full-skirted, beaded, sequined, embroidered wedding dress complete with substantial train. See more details from the collection below, then click the slideshow to see the rest of the presentation.
- Trends: Lace panelling, sheer fabrics, delicate embroidery.
- Colours: Nude, pale pink, powder blue, peach, black, gold, teal.
- Key Piece: The high-neck, lace-panelled full-length gowns intricately embroidered.
- Accessories: Ankle-wrap heels and skinny belts.
- Who Would Wear It: Red carpet A-listers like Katie Holmes, Emily Blunt and Zoe Saldana.