Dust off your cashmere sweaters from your wardrobes and get ready to cosy up to Essie's newest nail collection. This six-colour line consists of four muted Autumnal rose, brown and grey shades along with two brights (pink and orange) to keep that Summertime neon trend going.The polishes were inspired from the bold furs and subdued knits on the Autumn/Winter 2009 runways. Essie Weingarten, Founder of Essie said in a recent press release,
"At the shows, designers showed striking tailored pieces in muted fabrics that exploded with bright pops of color – that was really refreshing and exciting. I applaud that fresh color perspective and chose to incorporate that trend into our Fall Color Collection – the mix of deep hues and happy brights is like no other collection we’ve done before."
All of the polishes are three-free from toluelene, DBP and formaldehyde. The collection is already available in the states and will be on sale in the UK in just a few weeks for £8.95 each. My favourite is Angora Cardi, a weathered, medium pink that looks warm on your skin and would be gorgeous paired with a brown leather jacket or a pale ruffled tunic and dark blazer. Which shade are you most excited about?
To see close up pictures and to read a description of these new cuddly colours, read more!
- Angora Cardi is a deep and shiny rose shade — a must have for Autumn!
- Mink Muffs is a smoky, chocolate brown with a hint of army green undertones.
- Chinchilly is a taupey, creamy looking shade of grey.
- Midnight Cami is a navy blue with flecks of blue glittery sparkles throughout.
- Bright Tights is almost more than neon — it's electric orange with a high shine finish!
- Pink Parka definitely screams more of a fun Summer pink, than a wintry tone, however, it's powerful, sexy and would certainly stand out on the slopes.