2011 Fall New York Fashion Week: Rodarte
For Autumn, Kate and Laura Mulleavy fuse the world of the urban and the prairie innocent. It's equal parts quirky and confident and spills out with bold details, like geometric print and dramatic architectural necklines. Then it counters with softer, draped full-length dresses and a lighter, neutral palette. The cut and finish to jumpsuits, pants, tops, and double-collared dresses are sharp and edgy, modern, but still feminine. We'd picture these pieces going to a gallery opening, finding their way in the urban world with a country aesthetic and artistic flair.
- Trends: Double collars, architectural necklines, geometric print, sheer layering, calf-length skirts.
- Colours: Light blues, creamy neutrals, navy, and bold print.
- Key Looks: A red metallic calf-length skirt and fitted jacket on Lindsey Wixson; a sculptural polka-dot print jumpsuit.
- Accessories: Black platform boots, some echoing the collection's bold prints.
- Who Would Wear It: The artsy femme, with equal parts quirk and sophistication.