Louise Gray Spring 2013
Louise Gray's trademark colour clashes and spectacular prints are back for Spring 2013, but the designer's latest collection also embraced sophisticated silhouettes to offer a line for a wider audience. Tailored coats, bias cut shirtdresses and knitted cardigans joined the layered pieces covered in appliqué sequins and embroidery over printed tights. The accessories were just as eye-catching, with Stephen Jones designed mirrored hats, checkered lace-up shoes, and huge Perspex geometric jewellery created in collaboration with Tatty Devine. Then of course were the three monochrome graffiti patterned Barbie-inspired pieces, which will be miniaturised for the dolls themselves.
- Trends: Graffiti, clashing colour, pattern, sequins, embroidery, grown up silhouettes.
- Colors: Black, white, multicolour prints in orange, lilac, aqua, greens and yellow.
- Key Piece: The zig zag shift dress with aqua accents over black print tights.
- Accessories: Stephen Jones mirrored hats, checkered lace-up shoes, Tatty Devine Perspex geometric earrings and mirror rings.
- Who Should Wear It: London's cool crowd: Pixie Geldof and Nicola Roberts.