Mary Katrantzou Spring 2012
It was an early 9 a.m. showing during London Fashion Week, but we're sure no one was dozing off during Mary Katrantzou's Spring runway show. The season's bold prints trend couldn't come at a more fitting time for the designer known for her signature bold graphic patterns. The collection, based off of Katrantzou's nature-versus-nurture theme, was exemplified through bold floral, bird, and coral reef prints splashed on structural one-shoulder and asymmetric dresses made in modern high-tech fabrics. Printed pants and colorblocked blazers provided even more partywear inspiration; as did the bright lipstick and metallic shoes provided by Christian Louboutin. We can't wait to see which celebs will wear her designs on the red carpet. More details from the vibrant collection below.
- Trends: structural print dresses, asymmetrical hemlines, printed trousers.
- Colors: red, orange, blue, green, yellow.
- Key Look: we loved all of the short printed dresses.
- Accessories: a colorful array of metallic peep-toe sandals by Christian Louboutin.
- Who Would Wear It: girls who crave unique prints with a twist like Keira Knightley and Diane Kruger.
Source: Mary Katrantzou Spring 2012