Mulberry Spring 2013
It couldn't get more quintessentially English than at Mulberry's Spring 2013 show on Tuesday. The British brand took silhouette inspiration from its early years in the Seventies, and the English garden-inspired collection embraced a colour palette of rural England's blossom pastels of pear, peach, mint and cream plus school-uniform neutrals of navy, tan and black with the luxury of craft heritage. Seasonal signature prints included English florals and tropical geckos in panel-blocked contrasting colourways and multi-scale jacquards. Leather outerwear and military-inspired coats joined oversized bikers, peacoats and tailored jackets based on menswear classics. Femininity still reigned, with pleats, embroidery and frills on long summer dresses and trousers in contrasting textures of silk and soft leather. Accessories included the Flower Sandal plus Booties and Willow bags all with updated postman’s lock reworked with petals, and new floral gecko theme on the Del Rey and Alexa collections.
- Trends: Seventies silhouettes, English garden, craft heritage, military.
- Colors: Navy, biscuit brown, tan, black, nude, pear, light peach, apricot, mint.
- Key Piece: The mint coat with petal buttons screams Spring.
- Accessories: Petal hardware and floral gecko themed bags, flower sandals and booties.
- Who Should Wear It: Front row fans Alexa Chung, Kate Moss and Olivia Palermo.
Images courtesy Mulberry