With just a few weeks to go until the 2009 British Fashion Awards take place on December 9th, the British Fashion Council have just released a list of nominees. The awards celebrate the movers and shakers in the fashion industry from newcomers to classic brands. Last years winners included Luella (who has since lost financial support for her label) and Jourdan Dunn. This year, model of the year is sure to be the most talked about category as Daisy Lowe, Georgia May Jagger and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley battle it out for the prize. I am quite surprised that these three have been chosen as none of them are big catwalk names, instead they have all landed very impressive campaigns. What do you think of the nominees?
To see a full list of nominees, just read more.
- Best Model - Daisy Lowe, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Georgia-May Jagger
- Emerging Talent Award for Ready-to-Wear - Peter Pilotto, Meadham Kirchhoff, Mark Fast
- Emerging Talent Award for Accessories - Holly Fulton, Camilla Stovgaard, Jessica McCormack, Maria Francesca Pepe
- Designer Brand award - Burberry, Mulberry and Pringle of Scotland
- Menswear Designer - Graeme Fidler for Aquascutum, Kim Jones for Dunhill, Todd Lynn
- BFC British Collection of the Year - Christopher Kane, Erdem, Jonathan Saunders
- Accessory Designer - Emma Hill for Mulberry, Katie Hillier, Nicholas Kirkwood
Designer of the Year and the the Isabella Blow Award for Fashion Creator will be announced on the night.