Paul & Joe Spring 2012
Sophie Albou showed off a spirited Spring 2012 collection for Paul & Joe highlighting a mix of utilitarian and ethnic influences. While we're used to seeing one or the other, Albou was able to meld the two trends together pairing vibrant printed maxiskirts with silk button-up shirts, patent double-breasted blazers with tribal print bikini bottoms, and utility pants with sexy metallic knits. White fringed dresses and ponchos added a bohemian touch to the collection, while printed overalls provided the whimsy Albou is known for. For dressier occasions, there were a range of shimmery peasant dresses and maxidresses with sexy thigh-high slits. More details from the collection below.
- Trends: Overalls, ethnic chic, print trousers, fringe, shimmer, slits.
- Colors: Olive green, cream, gold, pewter, yellow, coral.
- Key Look: Printed overals and metallic knitwear.
- Accessories: Beaded and suede ankle wrap sandals, long metallic earrings, collar necklaces.
- Who Would Wear It: Girls who like to inject everyday whimsy in their ensembles like Alexa Chung and Kirsten Dunst.
Source: Paul & Joe Spring 2012