2011 Autumn London Fashion Week: Ashish
London Fashion Week came to a close for me with the Ashish show at Somerset House. It was a typically fun collection that was colourful and included plenty of sequins! This season, Ashish interpreted heritage in his own way playing with tartan and union jack prints. He gave the collection a punk edge with moth eaten knits, asymmetric zips and safety pin detailing. There was also a bones print piece and blazers adorned with political slogans. Ashish designed this line with a "poor little rich girl" in mind hence the contrast in some cases with boxy jackets and collared shirts teamed with slouchy tartan.
- Trends: heritage, sequins, punk.
- Colours: Blue, white, red, yellow, moss green, brown.
- Accessories: Brothel creepers.
- Key look: Cropped bones top with low slung tartan trousers.
- Who would wear this: Rebels without a cause.