2011 Autumn London Fashion Week: Mark Fast
Mark Fast's Autumn show ended day four for me with his signature knit dresses. This season, he added an edgy touch with leather pieces including a floor sweeping trench coat and laced up trousers. The colour palette began very neutral before introducing red and orange pieces in deep hues. It was a very sexy collection with revealing, tight fitting knits and leather jackets with long bondage ties. As we're suffering increasingly cold Winters in the UK, it seems fitting that brands should embrace warmer pieces and Fast's Canadian heritage should more than equip him for that. The pieces may seem too revealing for cold days, but they could easily be layered up. Like many other designers this season, Fast also embraced statement outerwear with woolen pieces that could have come straight from the sheep! I found myself making a mental shopping list as there were many wearable pieces including the opening cream coat.
- Trends: body con, mixed textures, floor sweeping.
- Colours: Cream, black, red, orange.
- Accessories: Chunky platforms, lace-up knee high boots, pom pom muff, elbow length leather gloves.
- Key look: Cream woolen floor sweeping mermaid gown.
- Who would wear this: Stylish girls who like to keep warm whilst looking fabulous!