2011 Autumn Paris Fashion Week: Sonia Rykiel
The latest collection from the house of Sonia Rykiel was presented this weekend as part of Paris Fashion Week. You can always expect an array of colours from Rykiel and this season was no exception. There was a slight Scottish theme with several tartan pieces including a fringed bag and coats. Outerwear was key with wool pieces embellished with fur shoulders in varying hues. There were a mix of influences from '50s high neckline knits (possibly inspired by Wallis Simpson) to flesh baring party dresses. Typical to Rykiel's style, there were a couple of fun knits with a patchwork feel.
- Trends: Checks, bright coloured fur, layered up.
- Colours: Green, orange, red, blue, black.
- Key Looks: Double breasted jacket with fox fur shoulders.
- Accessories: Boxy handbags, platform wedge brogues, elastic strap Mary Janes, small cross body bags.
- Who Would Wear It: Young girls who like to mix up colours and influences.