Get a Front-Row Seat to Proenza Schouler's Impossibly Cool Autumn '16
For years, Proenza Schouler's design duo, Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez, have crafted the looks you've seen on celebs like Kate Bosworth and Liv Tyler. Their brand of cool comes with equal parts edge and restraint, defining themes of the Autumn '16 lineup.
The edginess reads in exposed laces or a riff on the bandage dress that showcases technique, not skin — there's the restraint. To that point, there is sex appeal throughout, but it doesn't hit the predictable notes. It's the kind that cuts a subtle slash into the side of a dress that you'd expect to see on Diane Kruger. The other stars are the beautiful outerwear and expertly cut blazers — ranging from patent, shearling-collared trenches to asymmetrical blazers to a patchwork fur coat. They were likely on the wish lists of every woman in the room.
- Trends: Leather trenches, suiting
- Colours: Soft grey, cream, and peach with a spot of yellow and red
- Bags: Structured chain-strap handbags worn crossbody style
- Shoes: Sleek ankle boots, some cap-toed and metallic
- Key Look: The strappy printed apron dress worn over a bandage-style top