Roksanda Ilincic Fall 2012
Cold shoulders? Roksanda Ilincic's answer is a Fall 2012 collection of sheath dresses, tailored trousers, and slouchy sweatshirts all topped with fur trim. It's the modern girl's cold-weather wardrobe — complete with the most sophisticated play on buffalo plaid (yes, sophisticated plaid) we've ever seen embellished onto deep burgundy dresses and bold bright blue pencil skirts. Silhouettes too speak to that modern proportion — slouchier tops and slim-cut skirts. Nothing is too literal; while sporty references abound with hooded sweatshirts, relaxed trousers, or full jumpsuits, Roksanda counters with luxe fur trim on the same laid-back toppers. She always remembers her clientele with the feminine allure they crave. To that note, there are the classic ladylike silhouettes — sheaths finished with a flutter of ruffles at the hem or a sharp little dress with just the right draping. It's not hard to imagine Roksanda's fans like Kate Middleton or Michelle Obama slipping into any of the designer's perfectly crafted dresses.
- Trends: Full skirts, buffalo plaid, brights, fur trim, sporty dressing, menswear.
- Colors: Black, red, bright blue, yellow, purple, gray, and white.
- Key Piece: We love the embellished take on buffalo plaid, especially the deep red and black sheath.
- Accessories: Yellow ankle-strap pumps, slouchy bucket bags.
- Who Would Wear It: Polished feminine types who crave sophisticated cuts and statement color; fans like Michelle Obama and Keira Knightley.
Source: Roksanda Ilincic Fall 2012