Vena Cava Spring 2012
For Spring 2012, Vena Cava's design duo, Lisa Mayock and Sophie Buhai, deliver their signature cool, with nods to Spring brights, quirky cutouts, and sexy — but never overtly so — silky silhouettes. The team reworks its knack for creating slick silhouettes with eclectic details: dresses get a dose of colorblocking in bold orange, cream, and black, or a splash of soft abstract print; others, like slim pencil skirts are redone in tropical-inspired prints. Looks that feel entirely modern — while hinting at something a little more retro — lend themselves just as easily to a springtime getaway as they do to life in the city, thanks to key pieces like high-waist pants you could pair with practically anything. Get all the details below, then click through for a look at the whole collection.
- Trends: Contrast stitching and seams in black and white, tropical and soft abstract prints, off-the-shoulder and halter necklines, high-waist trousers, and colorblocking.
- Colors: Orange, lemon yellow, brown, black and white.
- Key Look: A cutout tan and black-sleeved sheath dress, paired with crisscross black sandals.
- Accessories: Round sunglasses, crisscross striped black sandal wedges, open-toe lace-up booties in black and rust, slouchy bucket bags, and structured satchels in tan, black, and soft green.
- Who Would Wear It: Girls who crave polish, but not without a dose of eclectic details.
Source: Vena Cava Spring 2012