Who wants to turn on the oven in this heat? If you're craving a sweet, cookie-like snack that's high in protein and flavour but don't want the hassle (and temperature) of an oven, then whip up these quick and easy almond butter apricot bites.
Just like these peanut butter crisp balls and these fudgey brownies, there's no baking required. All you need is a handful of ingredients and a food processor, and you're set.
At under 60 calories, each bite offers 1.2 grams of fibre and 1.3 grams of protein. This vegan treat is perfect for snacking on before a workout but is sweet enough to satisfy your dessert cravings.
- 170 grams raw almonds
180 grams raisins
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
10 dried apricots, chopped
40 grams unsweetened shredded coconut
- Place the almonds, raisins, and cinnamon in a food processor. Turn on until mixed thoroughly into a smooth, thick almond butter paste, about three minutes or so. Turn off the food processor.
- Add the chopped apricots and pulse for 30 seconds, and then add the coconut and pulse for another 10 seconds.
- Remove the dough and place it on a cutting board or counter that's covered in a piece of plastic wrap. Pull up the plastic on either side and begin to press it together to form one large square, keeping the layer of plastic between your hands and the dough to prevent sticking.
- Wrap up the square and place it in the freezer for 20 to 30 minutes. This will make it easier to cut.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the square into 25 smaller squares.
- Store the bites in an airtight container in the fridge.
Makes 25 bites.
- 25 bites
- Total Time
- 59 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving