Yoga is a great way to relax your mind and body while scoring an amazing workout that'll make you feel and look great! The downside? Finding a yoga studio that works with your schedule and won't break the bank. The solution? Yoga apps that are available on your smartphone! These apps aren't permanent replacements for having a professional yogi help you perfect advanced poses, but they're a great substitute if you can't find the funds for a studio class or have trouble finding something to fit your schedule.
- Yoga Studio: I should've saved the best for last, but this really is my favourite yoga app. At only £4 for your iOS or Android, you can enjoy 65 ready-made yoga classes, all at varying lengths and difficulty levels. It's a simple and easy-to-use app, and the workouts are incredibly effective!
- FitStar Yoga: Who doesn't love a FREE app (available for iOS)? This was created by the pros at Fitbit who teamed up with my favourite yogi, Tara Stiles. You can unlock all the classes available for a monthly or yearly cost, or use the available classes for free.
- Pocket Yoga: Available for both Android and iOS at £3, this yoga app will definitely have you breaking a sweat! With a selection of fast-paced sequences that vary by level and length of time, this app make you feel both more mindful and like you just left a cardio class.
- Universal Breathing — Pranayama: A FREE app for both Android and iOS devices. Try this one out to learn and experience the ancient art of mindful breathing. You can change the exercise depending on your breathing level and preferred length of time.
- Kids Yogaverse: OK, so I don't actually have this app on my phone, but did you know that yoga isn't just for adults? Recent studies have shown how incredibly beneficial yoga is for both adults and children alike! For £4, you can get it for either Android or iOS and teach your children about the ancient art of yoga using pictures, videos, and practices!