Smooth, chocolaty, melt-in-your mouth, decadent pudding. A traditional recipe is made with white sugar, whole milk, egg yolks, and butter — definitely not the healthiest dessert, but man, is it delicious!
Here's a healthier version made with — get ready for this — black beans! And it's sweetened with maple syrup, which is way better for you than overly processed white sugar. Each serving offers over seven grams of protein and six grams of fibre. Enjoy it for dessert or even as a filling, sweet snack!
All you need is a food processor and 30 minutes and no one will be able to guess that it's made with black beans. Damn! You are so sneaky. Don't worry. Your secret is safe with me.
- 420-gram can black beans, rinsed and drained
30 grams cocoa powder
4 tbsp. maple syrup
2 tbsp. vanilla soy milk
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1/8 tsp. sea salt
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor.
- Puree until a smooth, velvety texture forms.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- Serve with fresh fruit, shaved chocolate, shredded coconut, or chopped nuts.
Here's the nutritional info if you divide this recipe into four small servings:
Source: Calorie Count
- 2-4 servings
- Total Time
- 29 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving