When I'm craving something cheesy, nothing else will do, and this high-protein pasta bake is what my comfort-food dreams are made of. Three types of cheeses, yoghurt, and chicken are tossed into the mix to make this a high-protein baked dinner everyone will adore. Just make sure you have family or friends close, so you don't polish off the whole dish by yourself. It's that good.
- 225 grams dry high-fibre or whole-wheat penne pasta
270 grams plain nonfat Greek yoghurt
225 grams low-fat cottage cheese
250 mL spaghetti sauce
1 whole egg, plus 1 large egg white, beaten
65 grams grated parmesan cheese, divided
115 grams shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
225 grams chopped or shredded cooked chicken breast
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Fill a medium pot with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Salt the water liberally, lower the heat to medium-high, and add the pasta. Cook until tender, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the yoghurt, cottage cheese, spaghetti sauce, egg and egg white, 3/4 portion parmesan, 1/4 portion mozzarella, garlic powder, parsley, and salt.
- Add the chicken and pasta to the sauce, and toss to combine.
- Pour the pasta mixture into the baking dish and spread evenly. Top evenly with remaining 1/4 portion of parmesan and 3/4 portion of mozzarella. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
Source: Calorie Count
- Main Dishes
- 6 dinner servings
- Total Time
- 54 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving