Cutting down on unhealthy habits like weekly takeaway orders can be hard, but there are ways to lighten some of your favourite recipes up. If your vice happens to be a filling bowl of steaming noodles topped with a flavourful stir fry, this recipe does away with the hidden calories without ruining the flavours you love.
- a handful of snow peas
- 500g of prawns, peeled and deveined
- Red peppers
- Yellow peppers
- Orange peppers
- Red cabbage
- 100g of bamboo shoots
- Spring onions
- 100 ml of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- ½ tsp of chilli powder
- 250 g of rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons of rapeseed oil
- Soak your noodles in a bowl of warm water until soft (about 20 minutes), and then drain them in a colander.
- Stir together honey and soy sauce in a separate bowl and keep to the side.
- Heat a large wok until and pour the rapeseed oil into the wok and spread it around evenly.
- Add the garlic and stir-fry it for a few seconds before adding the peppers, red cabbage, snow peas, spring onions, and bamboo shoots, and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp and the sauce, and stir-fry for a further 3 minutes, or until the shrimp is bright pink. Now the drained rice noodles can go in. Fry for another minute.
- Remove from the heat and serve!