Those little balls of goodness may be delicious, but they don't come cheap or vegan friendly, so I rustled up a version that taste just as good with not a drop of dairy. Read on to add these to your growing list of yummy protein ball recipes.
For easier processing, soften your dates by soaking them in warm water for 1-6 hours
- 130 grams almonds
100 grams soft pitted dates
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
60 grams chocolate vegan protein (I used PhD Woman's natural protein)
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
50 grams cocoa nibs
- Blitz the almonds in the food processor until fine.
- Add 3 dates at a time and continue to mix, adding 2 tablespoons of water to soften the dough.
- Add cocoa powder, protein powder, and mint extract to the dough and blitz until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Part the dough into 10 portions and palm into balls.
- Pour the coco nibs into a shallow bowl and roll each ball in the nibs, pressing lightly to make sure it's coated. Enjoy!
- Store the remaining balls in the fridge.
Image Source: Calorie Count
- Total Time
- 19 minutes, 59 seconds