If you have an obsession with all things chewy, and you also have a love affair with chocolate, then allow me to introduce you to your soul mate — these coconut-covered chocolate almond protein balls.
Since they're made with only five ingredients, you can whip these up in 15 minutes or less. And did I mention they taste just like a Tootsie Roll? Chewy, chocolaty goodness.
And each ball is just over 50 calories. That means you can enjoy three for a post-workout snack and it'll offer almost eight grams of protein.
The best part is that you can make a batch, keep them in a sealed container, and you'll have a healthy snack waiting to satisfy chocolate cravings whenever they come up, which, by the way, is perfectly acceptable first thing in the morning.
- 170 grams raw almonds
180 grams golden raisins
1 1/2 scoops chocolate plant-based protein powder (1 scoop is about 35 grams; I used Vega)
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- Add almonds to a food processor or high-speed blender. Process nuts a few minutes until a creamy almond butter forms.
- Add raisins and mix until smooth.
- Add in the protein powder and salt; blend until thoroughly combined.
- Roll dough into 24 balls, coat each ball with shredded coconut, and place on a plate or pan.
- Enjoy immediately, or if you like a firmer consistency, refrigerate for at least 20 minutes. Store uneaten balls in an airtight container.
Source: Calorie Count
- 24 balls
- Total Time
- 14 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving