Weekend mornings and tasty, no-effort breakfasts go hand in hand. This weekend, treat yourself to this four-ingredient beetroot and feta frittata that's packed with iron, folic acid, and protein that practically makes itself!
- 1 1/2 tbsp. coconut oil
2 beetroots, peeled, trimmed, and roughly chopped
6 free-range eggs
1 red onion, peeled, halved, and finely sliced
100 g feta, crumbled
A few sprigs fresh coriander, leaves chopped
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Put 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil into a small roasting tray and place in the oven to melt.
- Once the coconut oil has melted, remove the tray from the oven, tip in the chopped beetroot, and toss to coat.
- Season the beetroot with salt and pepper (or as desired), and roast in the hot oven for 40 minutes or until softened, making sure to toss halfway through. Remove from the oven when tender and set aside.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl with a little but of salt and pepper, and whisk until they're fully combined.
- Heat the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil in a large nonstick ovenproof pan over a medium heat and fry the red onion for 5-7 minutes, until soft.
- Add the beetroot and feta and pour in the egg mixture. Once the eggs start to set, place the pan under the grill for a few minutes until they're fully set.
- Serve scattered with coriander.
- 2 servings