- 1 large butternut squash (about 1.4 Kg)
1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
1 medium white onion, diced
3 stalks celery, diced
2 tablespoons curry powder
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon coriander
480 mL light coconut milk
2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- To garnish:
6 tablespoons nonfat Greek yoghurt
15 grams fresh coriander, chopped
6 tablespoons toasted cashews, chopped
- Bake squash on baking tray at 400°F/ 200°C/ 180 Fan, about an hour, until you can stick a knife through it with no resistance.
- When cool enough to handle, cut squash in half, scoop out the seeds and discard, then scoop out pulp and set aside.
- Place oil in six-quart soup pot over high heat and sauté onion until it is translucent, about five minutes. Add celery, curry, turmeric, cumin, and coriander and sauté for five minutes. Add 60 mL of water to pot, cover, and cook for about seven minutes until celery is very tender, stirring occasionally. Add more water if needed.
- Place soft veggies in food processor along with pulp of squash and blend until smooth, about three minutes.
- Place pureed veg mixture in soup pot. Add coconut milk and salt; whisk until well mixed. Heat mixture over medium heat until soup until soup is warm. Stir in lemon juice.
- Garnish each bowl with yoghurt, chopped coriander, and nuts, or any combination of the three. Serve warm.
- 6 servings
- Calories per serving