Eating the right breakfast for your goals is an important way to set yourself up for a successful day. And this healthy, delicious egg roll-up does just the trick by combining sugar from maple syrup for a sustained energy boost, protein to fuel your muscles, and fibre to keep you full. Skip your normal stack of pancakes for this egg roll-up to give your brunch game a boost!
- 120ml egg whites (this recipe uses Two Chicks Free Range Liquid Egg Whites)
50g ready-cooked red and white quinoa
30g fresh blueberries
15g sunflower seeds
3 tablespoons maple syrup
splash of sunflower oil
- Heat a little oil in a nonstick pan, and stir the quinoa until the grains stop clumping together.
- While you're heating the quinoa, mix your egg whites with the maple syrup. When mixed, pour the egg white and maple mixture over the quinoa and stir until the egg begins to set.
- Scatter the blueberries and sunflower seeds over the top before the egg completely sets.
- Cook until the top is set and the base is golden.
- Eat immediately, or slip your egg onto some parchment paper while you wait for it to cool, before rolling it up and devouring it!
- Breakfast/Brunch, Eggs