Comfort-food season — or Autumn, as it's more commonly known — is coming. There's nothing more comforting than a tasty, filling dinner on a cold night. When you're pressed for time and want to put a healthy spin on an old favourite, try this deli mac and cheese that only takes 30 minutes from raw to ready.
- 500g cooked short macaroni
- 200g grated grana padano Italian cheese
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 litre béchamel, chilled or in the jar
- 5 large kale leaves, washed and shredded
- 8 medium-size broccoli florets, blanched in boiling water for 2 minutes, then chilled under running cold water
- Heat your oven to 200ºC.
- Set aside 50 grams of grana padano for your topping, then place all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Toss the mixture gently until all the ingredients are uniformly mixed.
- Empty the mix into a baking tray and use a spatula to level it off, then use the remaining grana padano to coat it.
- Place your baking tray in the oven for 30-35 minutes; remove when the topping is golden brown, and enjoy.
- Main Dishes
- Total Time
- 39 minutes, 59 seconds