Starting out on a clean-eating journey should never feel limiting. Being more conscious of eating nutrient-dense foods doesn't mean there's no room for the foods you love. If desserts are your heart's truest desire, these guilt-free, protein doughnuts are about to be your favourite sweet treats.
- 40 grams gluten-free flour
- 1/4 tablespoon xantham gum
- 2 tablespoons stevia
- 38 grams (1 scoop) of vanilla meal replacement or protein powder of your choice (this recipe used Huel Powder)
- 100 millilitres soy milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened apple sauce
- Pinch of salt
- Crunchy toppings of your choice, such as chopped nuts, cacao nibs, sugar-free chocolate chips, or coconut flakes
- Preheat your oven at 180°C.
- Add all dry ingredients to a bowl and mix. In a separate bowl, add butter, soy milk, agave nectar, vanilla extract, egg, and apple sauce and mix.
- When both are fully blended, pour the wet mixture into the dry one and mix together until the consistency is smooth.
- Grease your doughnut tray and pour your mixture in.
- Place tray in oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, checking frequently to avoid burning them.
- To check if they're done, stick a toothpick through one (if it comes out clean, they are done; if there's still some stickiness from the doughnut mix, leave them in for a couple more minutes).
- Once done, cool your doughnuts on a cake stack.
- Total Time
- 29 minutes, 59 seconds