Ever since healthy ice cream megalith Halo Top announced the new pie in a pint flavour, Blueberry Crumble, we were salivating and fantasizing about what berry-infused deliciousness awaited.
At only 360 calories per pint (that's literally one slice of blueberry pie in calories), this springtime-only offering (yes, it's limited edition!) packs 20 grams of protein into each gilded container. It's low-cal, low-sugar, and low fat . . . So how does this stuff taste??
In a word, "heavenly." If you've been a fan of Halo Top for a while (and you like blueberry flavoured things in general), we bet you're going to swoon as much as we did over this sweet and fruity frozen treat. The blueberry flavour is potent — so much so that you can smell it the second you take the lid off the pint. There are bits of pie crumble swirled throughout, adding a nice bit of texture. Check out some feedback we got from POPSUGAR employees:
- "This is the best Halo Top I've tried! Oh my God."
- "This made my afternoon."
- "This is HEALTHY??"
- "A lot creamier than some of the other HT flavours I've tried."
- "Love!!!! Tastes like blueberry cheesecake. Heavenly."
- "Love the crumbles and the nice blueberry flavour. Very light."
- "Good taste; not too sweet."
- "That's like, REALLY good ice cream! Love the fruit flavour an consistency!"
- "It's a tie for me between this and Pumpkin Pie."
- A little sweet, but overall great hints of blueberry flavours! Love the pie crumble."
- "Good blueberry flavour, but not creamy enough for me."