Who here is guilty of becoming a homebody when trying to eat more healthy? Because let's be honest, most social activities revolve around food and not everyone is going to be down to go eat some kale on a Friday night.
Now for those who are really strict on their diets for personal reasons, all the more power to you. Your dedication is incredible. But this is just to show you that you can eat out without making a million and one changes to your order. You don't always have to go for a salad. If you're eating clean all through out the week and cooking your meals at home, going out with friends for a burger won't set you back. Just like eating one salad, you wish you could lift your shirt up to uncover a 6-pack.
So here are five great burger options, whether you are trying to watch your calorie intake or you are just trying to be more conscientious of the quality of the foods you are putting into your body.
- In-N-Out Burger's Cheeseburger: This is the classic that can't be beat and it only hits a solid 480 calories, which is equivalent to the amount in a lot of heavy salads you could be eating — just saying. It's also lower in saturated fats compared to other fast food chain burgers and you can halve the amount by cutting out the cheese. It also has the option of mustard and ketchup instead of spread, which brings the calories to 400 or you can ditch the bun for protein style for 330 calories.
- Shake Shack Single Hamburger: The year 2014 was a good one because Shake Shack expanded all across America. And what's so hard to believe is that the Single Hamburger is only 395 calories. The best part is that its patties are 100 percent all-natural Angus beef and no hormones and antibiotics ever. This burger is going to shake your world without shaking you off your health and fitness goals.
- by CHLOE. The Guac Burger: If you're looking to change things up, this burger is a black bean, quinoa, and sweet potato patty with corn salsa, guacamole, tortilla strips, chipotle aioli, and more all on a whole grain bun. A plant-based burger option really lowers the amount of saturated fat you are consuming. Plus, by Chloe. tries to use seasonal and locally sourced ingredients as much as possible. If you are gluten intolerant or vegan but still want to smash your teeth into a burger, this place will be right up your alley.
- Farm Burger The No. 1: Aged Vermont white cheddar, farm burger sauce, and caramelized onions all on a grass-fed beef patty? Sounds too good to be true. Although Farm Burger is a lot more calorie dense than other options, the ingredients don't get any better. There is never any antibiotics and growth hormones, and animals are always treated humanely. The menu also changes with the season since it works with local farmers, so you'll always be trying something new. Now that's a burger joint with a mission.
- The Habit Burger Grill Charburger: You know it cares about the quality of its ingredients when it started out using daily-baked buns from a local bakery. Everything is fresh and made to order. Once you have one bite, all you'll be doing is wondering how it's only 470 calories. I dare you to resist ordering a side of sweet potato fries.