Image Source: BBC Good Food Show
If your snacking habits are getting in the way of your health goals, it's time to ditch the packaged stuff and try your hand at some easy recipes for delicious protein balls that'll fulfill your unhealthy cravings. For a taste of Summer, try these little balls of goodness that combine the sweetness of apricots with the satisfying crunch of pistachios, and make a powerful pre- or post-workout snack.
- For Balls
- 150 grams dried apricots
- 100 grams nut butter, preferably unsalted
- 50 grams desiccated coconut or oatmeal
- 50 grams pistachios, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- For Crust
- 25 grams pistachios, finely chopped or ground
- Put the apricots in a food processor and pulse until they are very finely chopped. Add the remaining ingredients and process until the mixture comes together.
- Roll the mixture into walnut-sized balls and roll each ball in the ground or finely chopped pistachios on a plate until they’re completely coated.
- Chill the balls until they’re firm and store them in an airtight container in the fridge.
- 16 balls
- Total Time
- 10 minutes