A dessert craving hits, but you're trying so incredibly hard to cut back on refined carbs and sugar. And while the occasional cupcake or ice cream cone is good for the soul, it's probably better for the body to not make dessert a three-times-a-day habit. For those times a sweet treat is needed, bust out your blender for this green smoothie. Don't be deceived by its uber-healthy hue — this simple green smoothie tastes just like a gooey caramel apple, but is packed with good-for-you nutrients like iron, potassium, and fibre.
- 50 grams fresh spinach
- 480 mL almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored
- 1 banana
- 4 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Blend spinach and almond milk together until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend again.
- 2 servings
- Cook Time
- 5 minutes