There's nothing like a quick and easy, one-pot dinner to fill you up on a lazy evening. If you're after no-effort dinners, like chilis, soups, and curries to save you from the cold this Winter, look no further than this healthy, flavourful chicken jalfrezi!
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 4 full chillies (you decide the strength!)
- 1 green pepper (chopped into thick slices)
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Handful fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoon Greek yoghurt
- 100 milliliter cold water
- 500 grams diced chicken breast
- 1 chicken stock cube
- Heat the oil in a large pan and then throw in your onion, garlic, and tomato puree. This should be done on a medium to high heat.
- Chop 2 of your chillies up finely (if you like your curries hot, keep the seeds in the seeds in).
- Add the turmeric, cumin, garam masala, and curry powder into the pan and stir, cooking for 5 minutes.
- Once your onions have softened, add the chopped chillies and chicken into the pan.
- Allow the chicken to cook in the spices for around 5-6 minutes.
- In the meantime, take your 2 remaining chillies and slice them vertically from top to bottom (you only need to pierce them slightly).
- Add the chopped tomatoes, pepper, whole chillies, stock cube, salt and pepper, and water. Cover the pan and leave it to simmer on a low heat for 20 minutes or so.
- Stir in your Greek yoghurt. This will give your curry a bit of creaminess.
- Add your chopped coriander and thicken the mixture with corn flour if you need to.
- Curries, Main Dishes
- 2-4 servings