Holy decadent dessert! No one will be able to guess that there are vegetables in these brownies — all they'll taste is soft and moist chocolate bliss.
Instead of grating the courgette, it's pureed, resulting in a smoother consistency. Even the most keen of taste buds won't be able to detect that there are vegetables in all that double chocolatey goodness.
These melt-in-your-mouth moist, rich, and fudgy brownies taste so sinful, you'll be amazed that they're vegan and just over 150 calories. Aside from the fibre, potassium, and vitamin C offered by the courgette, the dark chocolate is also full of antioxidants.
- 1 tablespoon flaxmeal
3 tablespoons water
115 grams white whole wheat flour
250 grams raw sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 small courgette
125 mL extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
45 grams dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F/ 180°C/ 160 Fan. Spray 9"x13" pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix the flax meal with the water and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir the dry ingredients together (flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt).
- Place the courgette in a food processor, and puree it as much as you can. Add in the oil and vanilla extract, and puree until smooth. Stir in the flaxmeal mixture.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry, and mix until a thick batter forms. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for at least 15 minutes before cutting.
- Enjoy as is if you prefer a soft, cake-like consistency, but for a classic chewy brownie-like texture, wrap cut brownies in foil and freeze for at least an hour. Enjoy right out of the freezer.
Source: Calorie Count
- 15 servings
- Total Time
- 19 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving