If you're gifting someone with a sweet treat this Valentine's Day, why not save them the empty calories and treat them to healthier, homemade alternatives that taste just as great and have less sugar? Want something particularly decorative? Make these dark chocolate buttons and top them with a superfood mix of your desire. Make these buttons vegan-friendly by swapping out the milk chocolate for a dairy-free version you prefer.
- 100g of good quality dark chocolate
Mix of your favourite superfoods (eg. dried cranberries, hemp seeds, cacao nibs, desiccated coconut, and pistachio nuts)
- Melt the dark chocolate on the hob or in the microwave.
- Using a spoon, create chocolate discs on some greaseproof paper, no bigger than a 2p coin.
- Top liberally with your favourite superfoods.
- Allow the chocolates to set in the fridge before eating, if you can wait that long!
- 20-24 pieces
- Total Time
- 9 minutes, 59 seconds