The dessert course does not have to end with you licking the cake stand clean. Full of antioxidant-rich dark chocolate, this recipe for flourless chocolate cake can be made using individual-sized ramekins, making for a perfectly portioned 100-calorie dessert. Flour is subbed with vitamin-A-rich sweet potato, which is sure to have all your gluten-free friends asking for seconds.
- 6 ounces 70-percent dark chocolate
1 tablespoon orange zest
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 overripe bananas
1/4 cup roasted sweet potato
1/4 cup honey
1 whole egg
3 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Place 8 (4-ounce) ramekins or custard cups on a large baking sheet. Spray each with cooking spray, and set aside.
- Combine chocolate, orange zest, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl over hot boiling water. Whisk until chocolate is completely melted.
- Puree bananas, sweet potato, and honey until smooth.
- Remove the melted chocolate from heat, and fold it over banana puree and egg. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites until a soft peak forms.
- Slowly fold egg whites into chocolate mixture.
- Spoon mix into ramekins, filling them almost to the top.
- Bake for approximately 6-7 minutes, remove, and serve. The center of each cake should be soft and warm. Garnish with extra orange zest if you like.
Source: Calorie Count
- Cake, Desserts
- Total Time
- 14 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving