If you love scrolling your photo feed for healthy food inspiration, you probably haven't missed the pretty, edgy, and downright mesmeric food trends that have been taking over the 'gram recently.
While you may already have your aqua smoothie bowl recipe down, we've found a way for you to sip the trend too. Get ready to make your mermaid dreams come true with this pretty, protein-packed, mermaid-approved smoothie.
- 300ml coconut or almond milk — more if needed
- 1 large banana
- 2-3 tbsp. rolled oats
- 2 tbsp. vegan protein powder of your choice (optional)
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup or honey to taste
- 1/2 tsp. spirulina or blue matcha powder
- 100g coconut yoghurt to garnish
- Freeze-dried raspberries to decorate
- Handful blueberries to decorate
- Flaked coconut to decorate
- Place a large glass or mason jar in the freezer to chill. In the meantime slice half the banana thinly and cut into pretty shapes to decorate your glass.
- Take your glass out of the freezer and position the banana shapes inside, then return to the freezer.
- Put the milk, remaining banana, oats, protein powder, maple syrup, and spirulina in your blender, and blitz until smooth.
- Remove the glass from the freezer and carefully pour in the smoothie, filling it almost to the top.
- To decorate the smoothie with the coconut yoghurt, put it in a small piping bag fitted with a large star tip, and carefully pipe the yoghurt over the smoothie.
- Decorate the top with the freeze-dried raspberries and coconut flakes, and thread the blueberries onto a cocktail stick to finish.
- Add a pretty straw and enjoy immediately.
- 1 smoothie